I consider myself a self-taught social media guru but I have to admit that I had some help along the way. I continually read marketing publications to expand my knowledge. If you are a company who is unsure about social media I have a few books you should read.
- Social Media Metrics for Dummies, by Leslie Poston. This book will help you measure the effectiveness of your social media projects. It will help you understand the basics of Google Analytics and other online tools to measure your results.
- Pinterest for Dummies, Kelby Carr. Hands down the best introduction to Pinterest I’ve read. It covers the basics on how to use Pinterest for the beginner but also provides some great tips for the Pinterest pro.
- Pinfluence, The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business With Pinterest, Beth Hayden. Want to go viral on Pinterst? Beth can show you how to use your profile to get the most exposure out of your brand.
- Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics, Brian Clifton. This one is a tad more advanced (ok, REALLY advanced) but really digs down deep inside of Google Analytics and how to make it work for you. Maybe not for the novice but it’s a great reference to have on hand.
- Building Websites (All-in-One) for Dummies, David Karlins and Doug Sahlin. Most of the businesses I know don’t do a lot of their own website management but it’s good to know the basics. This will help you understand what your webmaster is doing and provide you with some tips if you need to tweak it when they aren’t available.
You can find all of these books on Amazon (affiliate links above).Disclosure: These books were provided to me from the publishing company for review and continuing education. Affiliate links are included in this article.